Sunday, October 5, 2014

Shin Han Markers

 
 
I am having a blast with the Shin Han alcohol markers CTMH is carrying now.  Here I used them with Happy Birds stamp set and Confetti Wishes paper.
 
I did love those old water based markers and the way they coordinated with our colors, however the possibilities with alcohol markers are so much greater.  CTMH carries an assortment of 24 colors and the blending marker.  You can use the markers to just color.  Simple.  But the coverage you will get is so much nicer than with water based inks and you don't get streaks.  You simply color in and the best technique I've found is to start at the edges and then color in small circles. 
 
You can layer colors if you don't have just the color you want.  For instance on another card I needed my carmine marker, but "somebody (mom)" was using it so I took my golden yellow and colored with that first and then went over it with my Cherry Pink.  Great match to the Cranberry paper I was using.  On the elephant I colored in an earlier post I didn't have a light enough gray so I colored the base with Tender Pink first and then went over it with one of the warm grays and what a great affect and I got the look I was going for.
 
You can color different inks on an acetate sheet and use the blending pen to mix and apply them to your project.
 
You can use the blending pen to clean up little mistakes (coloring outside the lines-although sometimes that's a cool look too) or to add texture because it can be used to take away color.
 
You can use the markers to color your clear Sparkles any color you want if you don't have just the right color handy!
 
And so much more... I'm still learning but having lots of fun doing it.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: