Monday, April 13, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #103


 
The days are just flying by!  We are at Sketch #103 already for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  This is my take on the sketch. 
 
I love CTMH stamps!  Especially when they pretty much make a card.  This stamp makes it so easy to create a quick card for almost any occasion.  Along with this week's sketch, it was a breeze.
 
So here is what I've learned so far about dying my own seam binding ribbon.  I wanted my ribbon to be Crème Brulee.  An old retired CTMH color, but one I really miss.  When I took it out of the re-inker and water, it really looked more pink so since this paper pack also has smoothie in it I decided to use more smoothie to tie in the ribbon.  After photographing it, I noticed that in some places the ribbon takes on more of a crème brulee color and in others the smoothie.  Weird.  I suppose I could hilight it and make it more of a tie dyed look, but I decided to take some smoothie ink and sponged more onto the ribbon.  I will tell you the ribbon I used is a bulk non-CTMH seam binding ribbon I bought somewhere else because... well... I can't get the good stuff any more.  Oh, CTMH, please bring back the seam binding ribbon.  Until then, I'll keep you posted as to any other color snafus (is that spelled right?)
 
Happy crafting and don't forget to play along with us this week!
 


6 comments:

Debi said...

Wonderful card. I see I'm not the only one who still has that great dotty paper! Love the framed sentiment and that you dyed your ribbon. I love doing that and then scrunching it up and putting a clothes pin on it until it is dry. It comes out all curly and fun!

Lisa said...

Yes Debi. So cool to get whatever color you want and I love it crinkly as well. Thanks!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Lisa, I didn't recognize your card as being yours until I got to the bottom and still hadn't seen your usual style. So I went back up and there it was, and surprised it was polka-dot because you told me that if it shows polka-dot you didn't necessarily have to use that kind of pattern. I originally had my card with polka dot, but changed it to the flower print because it was so much bolder. Anyway, enough of the chat, your card, is beautiful, so simple, but beautiful.

Unknown said...

Great colours, great sentiment , great card!

Jessica K said...

Such a pretty take on the sketch! I love your little pops of color :)

Linda Norman said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the paper and ribbon! The sentiment is fun too!