Sunday, August 16, 2015

Watercolors!

 
So... you now CTMH is my very favorite, but when I saw a beautiful card made by fellow Design Team member, Alyson Mayo I had to get the stamp.  This is Blended Bloom by Stampin' Up and it is so pretty.... I got the idea to stamp and emboss the flower in white and use the watercolors from one of the design team members from Paper Sweeties and a beautiful project she made...and of course now I'm not sure which it was, but if I find it I will link it up here. I found her!  Check out Pieces by Emily to see the card that inspired me to emboss in white and watercolor my stamped image... and don't stop there.. her blog has a very cool shaker card on it as well.  Check it out!
 
I got my watercolors from CTMH this week and couldn't wait to play.  I'd been doing ok with the re-inkers but so much easier to use my watercolor set and the colors are so beautiful!  For the background behind the flower I used the salt technique again... I just love the look of the little pits it leaves in the paint.
 
Paper is Blossom, the leaves are cut from Artistry, the banner and sentiment are from Lifting Spirits and the little sequins of course are from Paper Sweeties.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  On to the next one...

4 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

I love the blast of orange on this flower. Going to use my new watercolours, now!

Unknown said...

Yes! I am excited to play with my watercolors as well!

Alyson Mayo said...

Lisa, this flower is gorgeous - I KNEW you would love this stamp! I love the background... Now I need to get out my watercolours and start playing since you have inspired me :) Simply awesome.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful combination of colors...and the water coloring looks so pretty and simple...but I can't get the technique...need to practice some time when with you.