Saturday, September 12, 2015

Paper Sweeties September Inspiration Challenge


So, yeah, I got a little carried away in August and submitted a couple... three... all right... four cards for the Paper Sweeties August Challenge.  And, Yay!, my cupcake card won!  I got a $20 gift certificate AND I also won a really cute card kit as part of the random draw!  So of course, I went shopping.  This is my submission for the September challenge.  I went with the color scheme as my inspiration.  This card was fun to make.  I started with the background which is some old, retired, Barn Red cardstock from CTMH and used a brick stencil and some texture paste.  After it was dry I used Gelatos to color the brick... first some brown, then some dark red and then some lighter red.  (I just got these a few weeks ago and really don't know what I'm doing... I winged it... wung it.. lol... idk).  Of COURSE, I used little Emma and when I went shopping over at Paper Sweeties, I got her some new outfits.  I mean she had to wear the same dress to all of her birthday parties in August... so sad.  I still can't bear to put shoes on her though... the overalls are from the "I Pick You Set" as well as the basket and the flowers in her hair.  I also purchased one of the newer sets, Birthday Banners as well as the dies to go with it and the word "Sweet" was cut using a Paper Sweeties die and I cut three and layered them to give it a more dimensional feel.  The saying is from another really cute set that happens to have another two more outfits on it.  Yeah... I spent more than my $20 gift certificate... no one here is surprised.  The cute little cat in the basket is from CTMH's Operation Smile set, Animal Greetings which is adorable and will get a lot of use here.  I cut the sunflowers using the Walk In My Garden and Art Nouveau cartridges.  The frame and grass are from Artiste.
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the Paper Sweeties blog (and there is a facebook group now too!) and see all the artwork and while you're there, play along.


8 comments:

comopark1886 said...

She is so cute! Do I need her? I think I might!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely DARLING!!! LOVE all the fun texture, shine, and beautiful use of Paper Sweeties products! This is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Oh, this is wonderful! Love those big sunflowers and fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining us a Paper Sweeties!

Cheryl said...

What an adorable scene! I love the giant sunflowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge this month!

Debbie said...

This card couldn't be any cuter, Lisa!! I think it's my all-time favorite that you've ever created using Paper Sweeties goodies -- totally smitten with Emma, the flowers in her hair, the pretty banner, die cut sentiment and sequins!!! Thanks for sharing this AMAZING card with us at Paper Sweeties :)

Jill Norwood said...

Such a sweet scene with Emma and the kitty! And gorgeous happy sunflowers! And yay for new Paper Sweeties goodies!

Tracey said...

So super adorable.......love the pretty scene you have created. The embossed background looks great...PERFECT!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Emma in her fall outfit. Can't wait to see what she wears on Thanksgiving and Christmas. So cute.