Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #200!


Welcome to Sketch 200 at Atlantic Hearts!  Today I'm using a CDD Digi stamp for this Pretty Simple Card... I chose to use this green gingham paper from the Doodlebug Gingham Linen Rainbow Petite Prints paper pad for my background because it had that diamond shape that is in the sketch... and it's pretty....


I just love the assortment of digis in the Springtime Meadow Digital Stamp set.. I used this tree and layered a border with it varying the sizes just a little bit and placing some to the back and others up front and then I colored them in with various Copic Markers... first I colored the leafy part solid green and then I used various green colors to smush dots all over to give a more variegated look to the trees.


That pretty green ribbon was just sitting around already cut .. dejected from a previous project but it was perfect for this one and along with the flower cut from that sweet little flower included on the Crazy Stitched Frames dies (often you'll get a cute little surprise die when you get one of the frame sets) and those pretty flower sequins in the From The Garden pack... only $.50 for  pack.. they are large so maybe not the best for a shaker, but perfect for the center of this flower... and then of course I threw a few of my favorite Shimmer Sequins around.


I lightened up the background to let the stamps shine by placing a layer of vellum cut with the Fancy Frame dies and the Blessed word is from the Greeting Word Dies.  And here's the sketch:


We hope you'll come play along with us for this 200th Sketch!




8 comments:

Lori said...

Your card is so pretty - love the vellum panel and pretty ribbon! The trees are lovely and so is that flower!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING those trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitralee said...

oh you make me want vellum and those big flower center sequines! And to make something green...oh so loved this post!

Mitralee said...

I do know how to spell sequins...

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so pretty, Lisa! The trees are gorgeous and I love how you added the vellum and ribbon! I'm still struggling with this flu so I'll be back to catch up with your other cards soon, my friend!

Melanie R said...

Very pretty, Lisa! I love the way you used the row of trees and the vellum.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! How PRETTY Lisa! Lovin' your card! Thanks again for your help the other day! I so appreciate it! HUGS!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulous card, Lisa! I love all those pretty layers and what you did with the trees and the pretty bows.
:) Marie