Saturday, April 15, 2017

Wishing You the Joys of Spring


Happy Spring!  And Happy Almost After The Tax Deadline!  I'm finally coming up for air and able to enjoy a few more things including the wonderful Spring weather here in the Sunny Southwest!  Sharing with you a card I made using this adorable Craftin Desert Divas digital stamp Deer Friend...


As soon as I saw this one I knew I had to have it... that sweet deer, right?  I printed him and the sentiment out together and left lots of room around it because I knew for this scene I'd want to use one of my Fancy Stitched Frame dies.  I colored it in with my Copics and added some grass and blue sky.  After I got done coloring my sky with the Copics and it was dry, I added some very faint clouds by cutting out the little cloud from the CDD Scene Builder dies and very carefully sponging on some distress ink around it.  The grass is just quick flicks of various greens and then some dots at the bottom.  I made it a little darker underneath my cute critter for a shadow effect.  I started with the flicks of grass... then did my sky.. and then added some more flicks to catch any spaces.


I love how I can mix and match my Doodlebug papers... I found a scrap of paper from last year's Spring pad and used them to embellish this area at the top that was a little plain (for me at least)


Love this sentiment from the Lamb In Basket set.  The cute little deer comes with his own sentiment, but I chose this one instead.  And love the little flowers and leaves included with the Crazy Stitched Frames.  I love that Tara always fills up all of the spaces on her die sets... would you expect this sweet little flower with a frame set... not usually... but there it was and I love it to add a little touch of something.  I used the pink droplets for the centers and scattered around a few of my favorite Shimmer sequins!

So thanks for stopping by!  And be sure to check out my other post for today and come back again tomorrow... I mean.. you know... if you want.  Didn't mean to sound pushy... :) 



1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE Deer! So this had me at the beginning! Adorable card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations