Friday, May 5, 2017

The Cutting Cafe Pinwheel Inspiration


It's time for some Cutting Cafe Inspiration!  Today I'm using the Pinwheel cutting file from the Cutting Cafe on this little mini canvas!  I thought it would be fun to add a pinwheel to a canvas and I love the way it turned out!

This file includes a couple different sizes of pinwheel cuts with and without scallops and scallops with and without holes.  There are also some cute sentiments that come with it which I didn't use here, but I certainly will in the future...


I put together this little sentiment for my canvas with some word stickers from Tim Holtz that I had... I do love me some gold sparkle...


This was a quick one to put together (aside from the painful waiting between layers..lol).. I sponged on some of the pretty sea glass color and then sponged on some gold paint.  When that was dry, I used a stencil and some gold texture paste to add a little bit of pattern.  Cut my pinwheel from some gold dotted paper and put it together (so quick and easy) and then painted the back side of the paper that was white with the gold paint.  Lastly I added the word stickers and covered them with some clear glitter paint to "modge podge" them on and then glued on some gold gems...

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to hop on over to the blog on the 7th to see what everyone has created for you!  Leave a comment on the Cutting Cafe Blog post and you could win some free files!  In the meantime... head over and check out the enormous amount of files available ... it's gonna blow your mind!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

How gorgeous! Love all the gold!
Happy Fri-YAY!!!!

jeanchaneyaz said...

I love pinwheels! They just make me feel happy. Such a fun idea to add one to a small canvas like this!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! That pinwheel is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regina Easter said...

all the layers, coloring, everything about this is soooooo pretty