Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Paper Sweeties June 2017 New Release Sneak Peeks!


Welcome to Sneak Peeks for the June 2017 Paper Sweeties Release!  Today I used the new Planner Series Shapes Stamp Set and Oval Scalloped Frame Sweet Cuts.   

I'll be honest with you... I had gotten all the way to posting these pics when I realized I had cut off the antennae from my poor little butterfly!!  


I didn't panic though... I knew it would be easy to stamp and color another one... finished my post and the next morning I'd do that and replace it, but as I laid there in bed I thought such a shame to throw out my pretty butterfly... so I decided to use the wings from the first one and layer them over the new ones... and talk about happy accidents!


  This sweet butterfly from the Be Happy Stamps and Sweet Cuts...and I think he feels fancy now with his double set of wings... sure wish you could see the shimmer from the Wink of Stella... I kinda think his smile is a little bigger now... so yeah... that's me... 


For the background I stamped a bunch of the flowers from the new Shapes stamp set in three colors using the Distress Oxides.. I sprayed them with a little water and then I used the inks to splatter the same colors over the top with some water and a paint brush.  I love that the colors don't mix and get muddy...  I also sprayed some gold color shine over the top after everything was dry.

I'm playing along with Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #411 ... it's almost always about the colors first with me....lol.... love the beautiful inspiration photo:




And I love the new scalloped ovals!  I used the medium sized one here for my sentiment from the Love You To Pieces Set... love the fonts on this set!

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to stop and check out what my Teamies have created for you today:


And don't forget to play along with the June Challenge-Anything Goes!




10 comments:

Maria said...

What a fun colorful background with the new shapes, Lisa,!! And, love the pretty purple butterfly!! Great card!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

*SWOON*!! Love everything about this card, especially that butterfly

jeanchaneyaz said...

That background really sings with those Oxide inks in the design you created. And, such a nice happy accident that wound up with a double winged butterfly. Beautiful card!

Lori said...

Such a cute butterfly, love your background and the color combination!

Karen Letchworth said...

You are so creative, Lisa. I love your card and can't wait to see what's next.
Blessings,
Karen

Mary Holshouser said...

Bob Ross always said there were no mistakes, only happy accidents. Sounds like you
had one of those that worked out great.
Love the layering of the butterfly.
thanks for sharing.

The Craft Princess said...

Very pretty card :) Hugs...Janie

Birgit said...

What a darling card! I'm so glad you linked up to this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge.

Scrapper69 said...

Isn't it FUN to play with colors! OMGOSH... your background is AWESOME! Love your card!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations