Monday, July 17, 2017

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #221


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  This week I'm sharing a card I made using an image from Createful Heart Digis & Design, some Doodlebug papers, and some CDD and Heartfelt Creations dies.


This Dragonfly Hi image is available for free if you play along with the challenge that runs until July 21st!  Join the group on facebook and play along!  He's a cutie!  I colored him in with Copics and then added some dots on his wings with some glitter gel pens and when those were dry added some Wink of Stella... of course as usual, the shine doesn't show up very well in my photo, but it really sparkles in person.


I added a few paper flowers from my stash.. believe I got these at Hobby Lobby when they had a sale... the little white ones are my favorite.. in fact I emptied my package today so I'll need to watch for the next sale.

Instead of banners under my strip of glitter tape I cut some of the Heartfelt Creations leaves out of green vellum.. LOVE the way they turned out... 


These leaves from Heartfelt Creations are among my favorite... I use them altogether like this in a bunch or they are also great to cut apart and just use a few when you add flowers to a piece... and isn't that pretty inside scalloped frame from CDD beautiful... I added some vellum to the inside to help Mr. Dragonfly stand out a bit...


And instead of spending half an hour trying to pick a sentiment, I used one of the sentiments from the Doodlebug papers I was using.. and those pretty clear flower sequins are from Kat Scrappiness... I love clear sequins and love that these are flower shaped.

So there you are!  Hope you'll play along with Atlantic Hearts this week!  It's another great sketch from Michelle!


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

such a super fun card, loving all that glorious green.

Lisa Mensing said...

This is so adorable! I love the paper you used with that adorable bug, great embellies, too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that dragonfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrapper69 said...

Lovely papers and sweet image.... lots of wonderful layers! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Tracey said...

Wow...you have created the perfect garden for your dragon fly, such a pretty card!