Thursday, August 17, 2017

What A Hoot and Winner Winner!


Popping in today with a card I made using some of the stuff I got in my Brutus Monroe Fall What A Hoot Inspiration Box last week!   I also used a few other items that I'll talk about in a bit... but first... this box!  It was $29.99 and included this cool Owl Die and an awesome stamp set with an owl and some great sentiments on it.  Lots more included in it and you can click on the name above if you want to see everything... but you will be seeing it all sometime soon... gonna have some fun with this one!

I love the frame die I won a while ago on a friend's blog and I knew I wanted to use it for this post because she was one of the names I picked from my July 100 Followers Celebration!  Theresa McKinney has been a wonderful bloggy friend and we've been stopping by each others' blogs for quite some time now and I'm so excited to send her a little surprise!  You should check out Theresa's blog here too


Isn't that Brutus Monroe Owl Die cool!?... and so is the frame die.  It's from Poppy Stamps and the embossing probably should be a little more pronounced and I'll have to go check out the website to find out how to get better results from it, but I'm pretty happy with it the way it is too.. with everything else going on on this card, I really didn't need a deep and in your face embossing.

And that cool second layer?  That is some packing from a Tim Holtz something or other... I almost always save the backing from those products because they're always so pretty!  The background inside my shaker is a watercolored and stamped and embossed piece I've had hanging around for a while, and it was perfect for this project.


I am in love with the fonts on the sentiments from the set that came in the Inspiration Box... and I also purchased some Gilded Gold embossing powder from the Brutus Monroe shop and I LOVE it!  I used it to emboss this sentiment.

And I decided to pick two names for my 100 follower giveaway and the second winner is Julie Tucker-Wolek!  Julie and I have been bloggy friends for a while now too and we visit each other quite often.  She makes lots of awesome scrapbook pages and albums along with a splash of adorable cards and sometimes you even get some repurposed furniture... or a beautiful home decor piece... or a project for a birthday party.  You should check out Julie's blog here!

Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by in July and hope to see you often!  I love when you stop by and if you let me know you've been here and I can find you I'll come and visit you too!


Just a few more details for today's card:  I used some gold dotted acetate for the shaker window and love the added sparkle along with a CDD mix and some little gold stars.  I added some Inka Gold to the edges of my base and the frame die and love the look of it.

So thanks for stopping by!  Hope you enjoyed this and if you are new to Brutus Monroe you should really check out the website!  I am in love with so much of the stuff over there... I signed up for the Stamp of the Month ... it's only $5 a month and I'm surprised with a cute little stamp set each month... it's fun!  Hoping to post something made with the August one soon.... come back!

3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

First off EEK!!!! I can't believe my name was picked! YAY for me and THANK YOU!!! :) Secondly that die looks AWESOME on your card! I'm so glad you were able to use it! The Owl looks amazing as well... LOVE it in the Gold! Have a fab day!!!

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEK!!!!!!!!!!!! Me?!?!?!? YAYYYYYYYY!! Thank you so much and congrats to Theresa too!!!!! You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that owl and loving the colors!!! I got their Vegas snow globe stamp at Scraps of Love and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Lori said...

Congratulations Julie!
Love that owl too cute! I don't even have that die! Lol