Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Outlawz Progressive Challenge With Createful Hearts


So busy in my craftroom for the next week!  I have company coming and my youngest is coming to stay with us for a while as his seasonal job is just about over!  So many things I want to get done before I'm banned from my room for a couple weeks!

I created this for the October Progressive Challenge over at the Outlawz and for this week's Twisted Thursday Challenge with a Twist of Charmed!  I'm also playing along with the Createful Hearts Challenge of Anything Goes since the sponsor for this month's Progressive Challenge is Createful Hearts and this General Store digi is one of her creations!  (Outlawz is a Ning site and you have to join to play along, but it is so worth it and you should give it a try!  The first time I linked up I needed a little help, but now it's easy peasy and such a wonderful group of people over there!  AND (I think this is a record) I'm also playing along with the Victorine Originals Mood Board Challenge #12 (pic at the end of the post-lovely lovely mood board)!

For my Layers, I used the Craftin Desert Divas Crazy Stitched Frame die... one of my favorites and I finally got a chance to use my Tim Holtz Tree Line Thinlets die.  The front landscape dies are from CDD (the hilly middle layer) and Lawn Fawn (the grassy layer).  I have a few grass dies, and I chose this one today because it was the shortest blades and worked best here.  To cut the landscape layers, I used the frame die to cut the green first and then cut my layers from that so that my stitching would go all around the entire piece.


And this digi.. pretty right??  Love the pup sleeping on the porch... so sweet!  I used my brand spankin' new Prisma Colored Pencils that my friend Jean Chaney made me buy so this whole thing was an experiment and the first time I used them... I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and plan on taking some classes to really get to know them!


I thought this simple saying was the perfect sentiment... tiny ... from a Tim Holtz word stickers packet.. and I chose the sunflower charm because it seemed to go with the whole outdoorsy, pumpkin time of year feel.  Tried to keep the embellishments simple since this digi really tells the story on its own.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out my first Design Team post over at the Coffee Lovers Blog!  I'm playing along with a challenge there too!

Come back soon!  Paper Sweeties Release starts on the 13th with the Plan Your Life Series.. I'm planning a little Halloween fun!

8 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE the background with ALL those trees.... makes me feel like I'm camping... Fantastic Lisa! Sorry you'll be "Banned" from your craft space for a little while... get to work girly! LOL Have a great day! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Scrapper69 said...

I also forgot to mention.. THANK YOU for playing along with us over at Victorine Originals! _ Your design is wonderful for our challenge this week! Have a fabulous Day! :)

Theresa (Victorine Originals DT)
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa! This is so fantastic! And I love how you layered the trees in the background! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Createful Heart Digis & Design this week. We hope you’ll join us again next time!
Blessings,
CHDD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Createful Heart Digis & Design
createfulheartcards.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love loveeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that scene you created!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth F. said...

What a wonderful fall scene on this card! Thank you for entering this card into the Victorine Originals mood board challenge!

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Your coloring is great! It definitely makes me think of a fall vacation! Thanks for joining in on our mood board fun over at Victorine Originals. Happy Fall! ~ DT Jamie

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic little scene and I love the layout with the forest of trees in the background of that rustic store.

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Again you have offered up a simply stunning card for us to go gaga over. Love everything about this!! Thank you for joining up over at Victorine Originals Challenge's ~ DT MaryAnn