Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Smooches!


Popping in with a quick post this morning!  I've been hustling around getting ready for company to come both at work and home, but I didn't want to miss playing along with the Paper Smooches Challenge for October which is to use pink!  I made this card for a friend who has just had so much going on ... good and not so good... and while she handles it like a Rockstar, I'm sure she could use a little smile...


I added the "stitches" to my floral layer using a background die.  The piece was smaller than the die, but it did a nice job of adding the stitching for me.

I just love the beautiful Blossoming Buds stamp set.  I used two of the floral stamps here.  Under the band I did overlap them because I needed the space and I knew I'd cover it with a strip of something or other!  

I colored the floral images using my Zig Clean Color Markers and a little bit of water.  I stamped with Ranger Archival Ink because I knew I'd be using watercolors, but I didn't use watercolor paper .. if you use just a tiny bit of water with these then some good cardstocks are fine.  I used the Copic friendly paper I have.


I also love this Smooches die!  It comes with the cute lips.  I cut the lips out of pink glitter paper but it wasn't quite the tone I wanted to I colored it a little with my Copics and it was perfect!  All I needed was a few sequins and I'm good!


I'm also playing along with the Paper Smooches Guest Designer Challenge which ends in about 16 hours or so as I type this so if you want to play along... check it out and get making!

Thanks for stopping and see you on the interweb!  Although I do have company over the next week and a half I have some posts that will go live during that time so don't be a stranger!



4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

It's so pretty Lisa! This will certainly put a smile on your friends face! I LOVE the colors and the word die just POPS! Good luck with getting ready for your company! Just remember to slow down a little! HUGS! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

She will love this!!!! LOVING those lips!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

She will love this card, those flowers are beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card design and I am sure your friend will be uplifted by it as well.