Monday, May 14, 2018

Paper Sweeties May 2018 Release Sneak Peeks


Welcome to the Paper Sweeties May 2018 Release Sneak Peeks!  Today I'm sharing with you a card I made using the new sentiment set available tomorrow, Hey Y'all!

I was so excited when I remembered I still had this old stash of paper with lemons on it that I knew would go perfectly with this sentiment!


I was wishing I had some paper with iced tea on it when I came across my dies from the Coffee, Yes Please Sweet Cuts set!  I cut two of them out of acetate and colored them with a brown Copic marker.  The bottom side I colored a little darker and the top with just one layer.  To avoid lines, I kind of smooshed the marker tip along on the "glass" which created what I think is an effect that almost looks like the tea is being swirled.   I cut some lemon halves from another sheet of this fruity paper, some small squares out of vellum for ice cubes and a strip of the paper for my straw.   When all of my pieces were cut, I added some liquid glass to the entire first cup over the marker and then placed all of my pieces where I wanted them and then placed the second cup marker side down onto the top of it all and pressed it together.  Then I popped it up on the paper using some clear foam tape and I had a nice glass of iced tea!


Love the sweet southern sentiments on this set!  All I needed to finish was some Bakers' Twine, a few pre-made paper flowers and some yellow sequins!

Thanks for stopping and hope you'll come back tomorrow for a Release Party!  For now, be sure to check out what everyone has created for you today!


Here are the Paper Sweeties products I used today:





4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! You ROCKED that tea!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

I LOVE this and that paper is perfect!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design and I used to drink iced tea with lemons but not with any sweetner in it. Now it is just coffee mainly for me. Your card is fantastic though and love that pattern paper you used.

Scrapper69 said...

I did see this one on FB and I totally LOVE that fun Sentiment - Your card is adorable.... Love it!